Saturday, July 21, 2007

I'm acting my age!

So this is how it started Mike has to be to work at 10:00 in the morning he sets his alarm for 9:15 and I usually set a backup alarm on my phone for 9:25. This particular morning Mike was very tired so he turned the alarm off and went back to sleep. I'm one of those people that when my alarm goes off I'm up, I don't press snooze, I don't lay back down, nothin I'm just UP. I was getting upset because he wouldn't get back up and he was gonna be late to work.

So we get into an argument about how just because my job at UTA is SUPER strict on tardies (as in 3 tardies of more than one minute and your fired) doesn't mean that his job is that way. Its ok for him to be late every once and a while, they don't care. Finally I get so frustrated because now the argument is just going in circles and meanwhile he is getting later and later to work. I just get fed up and tell him that "he is 24 and its about God damn time that he starts acting like and adult!" To which he replies "how about you start acting like your 23 and not 40 and relax a bit."

That was how the argument ended. He turned around and walked out the door. I was really pissed off for a while. Where did he get off telling me that I don't act my age? Then I started thinking about it, all I really do is work and go home. I go see my friends every once and a while but its mostly sitting around having pleasant conversation. I don't go to parties, I go to bed at like 9 or 10 at night, a fun evening for me is when I get to stay up late enough to see my favorite shows on tv....... OH MY GOD.... I AM 40!!!!!!

Sadie and I had made plans for her to come over that day, so while I was still pondering the fact that somehow I has skipped years 24-39, she showed up. Soon enough we were talking about other things and I had completely forgotten about my fight with Mike. Then she starts to tell me that she is getting a car. That her sister had gotten a new one, and she was taking the old one. Her family lives in North Carolina so she was gonna fly out and drive back. She told me that originally she bought a ticket for her cousin before she realized that her cousin does not have a
drivers license. So instantly in my mind I get this flash of Mike saying to act my age. I told her that I would go with her if she wanted so she wouldn't have to drive back the whole way.

The ticket is in my name I'm flying out to good 'ole NC on the 8th of Aug, staying a couple days, then driving back to Utah. I'm going on a vacation! A road trip! An opportunity TO ACT MY AGE! I'm Really excited in case you can't tell!

1 comment:

crazy4danes said...

Sounds like a blast! Road trips are fun and everyone should experience them at some point!!! Don't let yourself think you're not acting your age though, because in reality you are being a responsible adult and there is nothing wrong with that. I agree more parties should be on your agenda though, I was clubbing at LEAST one night a week at your age!!! So have fun, enjoy yourself, but don't forget about your good work ethic because that is going to take you far in life...because when you ARE 40 you don't want to be living like you're 23! ;)