Wednesday, March 4, 2009

SPRING IS COMING!!!!!

I am so excited about spring/summer for the hiking season. I can't wait to get in those mountains and start climbing all of the rocks and hiking all of the trails. Utah really is one of the most beautiful states that I have ever seen. I can't really imagine myself away from the mountains. This year I intend on the hiking the trail to Gobblers Knob several times. You want a view? That is where you need to be!! The summit is 10,242 feet and you can see the entire Salt Lake valley when you look to the West and to the East you can see all of Park City, Heber and Jordanelle. It was hard to leave I could have stayed up there forever! This picture (-->) is on the way up to the summit, and the one below is at the summit.
This year will be especially fun. I finally quit smoking so I'm thinking it won't be as difficult for me to get tho the top. And this year Mike intends on joining Zach and I on our adventures. Maybe we can convince Andrew to get off his butt and come with us. I don't really know a lot of trails, so I will have to buy a hiking guide. Or if anyone has any suggestions I would gladly accept some ideas. I do know that in late August we are heading to the Uintas for a two day hike to Lake Amethyst. That one will rock as well. Either way Spring is inevitable and Sumner will shortly follow. I am so excited that I can hardly sit still while am waiting. I'm itchin for some mountain air.

No comments: